While there are lots of ways the toy industry could improve their global footprint, there are several toy companies that are taking steps and using a business model that is focused on being good environmental stewards. First up is:
Recycling Truck. Not only is the cheerful green color and gentle curves very appealing from a design standpoint, it also is created without any metal parts. How many times have you discovered a beloved dump truck has a rusted axle? The Recycling Truck solves that issue for you. A great addition to kitchen role-playing, the Tea Set will serve up pretend beverages for years. Made in California from recycled milk jugs, the entire Green Toys product line takes traditional toys that next step to being good for our planet.
Totem Nature set has panels printed with pretty florals, woodsy textures, and bright patterns. The Totem City set has a more industrial and mechanical feel to the printed panels. Coming across the ocean from Holland, the Kidsonroof products are standouts and unique compared to other building toys offered in the US. Each set includes instructions on building a few things, but the real fun is when the child (and the twiddly-fingered grownups!) starts exploring how to create their own structures.
We play every Friday from 6:30 - 8:30pm
Hope to see you there!
Our Games for April are:
- April 2 - SET (ages 6 and up) Challenge your ideas of what cards can create a set in this game of visual perception! Match shape, number, color or shading. Or match none. Easy for youngsters, SET can be a challenge for the grownup brain.
- April 9 - Dicecapades (ages 10 and up) By combining several dice games, physical and artistic challenges, and trivia questions, Dicecapades has something for everyone. It’s not just your luck, it’s your mind that counts in this game!
- April 16 - MiQube (ages 7 and up) It's a puzzle & four board games in one! MiQube encourages spatial thinging through it's seemingly simple puzzle cube. Then the board games challenge everyone to think strategically, too!
- April 23 - Five Crowns (ages 8 and up) It's not like any card game you've played before-- Instead of four suits, you've got five! Played in rounds, this Rummy-like game is quick moving and a ton of fun!
- April 30 - Zombie Fluxx (ages 8 and up) Just when you think you've got the rules down, Fluxx changes them all! Add in a Zombie invasion, and there's more crazy play in store for you and your family! Fun, funny, and totally unpredictable, Zombie Fluxx is sure to become a favorite!